pages

Sunday 26 July 2009

earth's crammed with heaven...

Today I just feel... blessed.
In the midst of dissertation madness,
in the midst of locum at 'leafy parish in the burgh',
in the midst of all the trillion little pressure points,
and times when I am just so tired I'm incapable of speech...
In the midst of it all, sometimes I am prompted to lift my face up from out of the books,
away from orders of service and leafing through hymnaries,
away from all the many things bouncing up and down
that shout and clamour for attention.
When I remember to do it - to look up and around and outwards -
an overwhelming feeling of gratitude settles in and through and about me
and that old, very old hymn comes to mind...
I find myself humming 'it is well, it is well with my soul.'
Today,
this afternoon
this moment...
it truly is well with my soul and I am thankful.


No comments: