pages

Saturday 5 September 2009

Friday Five: recharged/ recharging

This week's Friday Five - Sally over at Revgals writes:
A few weeks ago my lap-top battery died, suddenly I found myself looking at a blank screen and was rather relieved to find that it was only the battery and not the whole computer that had failed. This morning a new battery arrived in the post, and suddenly I am mobile again!

After a week with what feels like wall to wall meetings, and Synod looming on the horizon for tomorrow I find myself pondering my own need to recharge my batteries. This afternoon Tim and I are setting off to explore the countryside around our new home, I always find that walking in the fresh air away from phones and e-mails recharges me. But that is not the only thing that restores my soul, so do some people, books, pieces of music etc....

So I wonder what/ who gives you energy?

1. Is there a person who encourages and uplifts you, whose company you seek when you are feeling low?
Yup, several - I am well blessed in that department :)

2. How about a piece of music that either invigorates or relaxes you?
Tallis. Below a not-brilliant recording, but does the job. It also takes me to a magical summer night on Orkney, in the Cathedral, when this was being played at the St Magnus Festival and a glorious orange sunset over the sea...


3. Which book of the Bible do you most readily turn to for refreshment and encouragement? Is there a particular story that brings you hope?
Lamentations 3: 21-26; Rev. 21: 3-4; various Psalms... and Peter never quite getting it even tho' Jesus was walking with him along the hot 'n dusty roads.

4. A bracing walk or a cosy fireside?
Cosy fireside wins every time!!

5. Are you feeling refreshed and restored at the moment or in need of recharging, write a prayer or a prayer request to finish this weeks Friday Five....
Still tired from all the recent stuff of life, but in a good chilled out kind of way, so maybe restoration in process :)

No comments: